Stress Lowers Immunity; 5 ways to look after your mental well-being
There’s a lot going on in our world at present, and we humans, do like to compare ourselves to others. So why not right now, just compare yourself with those who are far worse off. We all have a lot of reasons to be happy!
And it’s true that helping yourself and helping others are never mutually exclusive, however, we do need to prioritise taking ownership over our mental health before we are able to be there for those we love and care for. Like they say in the aeroplanes, put your own safety equipment on before you help to save others. Forming healthy habitual patterns to focus us during this testing-time is certainly a priority of mine.
Being organised, by diarising in time for meditation, the Emotional Freedom Technique (Tapping), getting sunlight in the early hours of the day, PSYCH-K, running, yoga, periodic cleansing, cooking meals from scratch and eating a meal with the family at least once a day, as well as housework, are all part of my Wellness-Strategy.
I don’t mind saying, my wellness journey started with a series of emotional, physical, biochemical and spiritual – car wrecks. The detail within these stories is no longer relevant, but I like to think I survived, in order to help others. In a future post, I plan to share with you my daily routine and exactly how I start each day. Because I notice, that when I skip these ritualised commitments, the day can end up being .. just be another car-wreck. And we don’t want or need additional stress during this time.
Brace yourself, face yourself and have a sense of humour. Facing ourselves can be super challenging for some people, but I promise you it’s worth it. Because once you have the right tools at your fingertips, you can get into a routine to suit you. You’ll feel empowered, enthused and different, hopefully in a good way!
Stress and our Immune System
Ways To Tackle Mental Health Issues During Lockdown & Reduce Anxiety
EFT / Tapping: A Simple Technique for Breaking through Mental Blocks
If you’re intrigued and want to try it out, I recommend Nick Ortner’s book The Tapping Solution, and his online courses. He also has an App, which I haven’t personally tried, but everything Nick creates is brilliant and comprehensive, so it’s bound to be worth checking out. Nick’s work focuses on ‘freeing you from fear’ and ‘anxiety’, ‘reducing stress’, but he also addresses so many other mental health issues.
The Tapping Solution app for iPhone here and Android here
That said, there is truly no substitute for Tapping with an EFT practitioner. Processing fear and distress can be very uncomfortable so some. An experienced practitioner will help you to formulate your words, spot resistance when it arises, elucidate self-sabotage patterns, and hold your hand through empathy whilst taking you through the process.
CONTACT@DETOXNUTRITION.COM to schedule in sessions for emotional resilience. Sessions combine EFT with the Emotion Code
Louise Hay, the Queen of Affirmations, confessed in one warming interview with Nick Ortner, before she passed away, that affirmations could only take you so far. BUT, when combined with The Emotional Freedom Technique, affirmations take on a new dimension.
Affirmations are self-empowering statements that you repeat to yourself (similar to a mantra). When repeated on a regular (enough) basis it has the power to reprogram or override limiting beliefs. When used consistently affirmations can be incredibly powerful. They help us to re-focus and keep our eye on the goals we want for ourselves.
Thinkup is an easy-to-use app giving you access to a whole library of affirmations for channelling self-confidence and gratitude, dealing with anxiety and depression, and so much more. When you find an affirmation that resonates with you (or want to write your own), you can save it to your favourites and organise them into categories.
- Consistent meditation can help you to stay centred amidst the chaos in this world.
- Consistent meditation can help you to reach altered states of consciousness, releasing oxytocin, and lengthen telomeres, ultimately life-span.
- Consistent meditation can be used to clean your energy circuitry, and achieve greater states of health.
Sanvello for iPhone here and Android here
PSYCH-K® has got to be one of my favourite tools. It may even be my most favourite tool right now because it is so good at helping us to process severe stress lodged in the human system.
PSYCH-K® is a process that uses Brain-Gym and Kinesiology to create a whole-brain state whilst experiencing or remembering a stressful situation.
We know that stress affects biology and lowers our immune response to viruses and other pathogenic activity. Severe stress also forces our thinking processes to fracture, disassociate and comparementalise. When this happens we no longer ‘process’ the experience. Instead, we shunt it into our biology, where it fundamentally alters our biology, altering our digestion, altering our gut bacteria, permanently, until the severe stress is either somatically released, or we re-enter the experience and integrate it ‘whole-brained’. Which can be achieved with PSYCH-K®
When using PSYCH-K® results can be felt immediately, but the real changes are felt and experienced in the days and months to follow. You will literally be shifted on a new trajectory. This is Quantum Healing.
- PSYCH-K® can be used to build resilience. Resilienc within emotional situations and also to electrical WIFI influencers.
- PSYCH-K® can be used re-write over old negative self-talk and stored belief systems.
- PSYCH-K® can be used to release us from stored fear, imprinted from birth or even inherited from our parents/grandparents in the form of familial or intergenerational traumas.
Stress gets lodged in our system both electrical and biological, which translates then into a disease.
Here are some examples of how trauma can perpetuate disease:
- TRAUMA GETS US STUCK IN THE FIGHT AND FLIGHT OR FREEZE RESPONSE
- EMOTIONAL TRAUMA PUTS US IN A SYMPATHETIC DOMINANT STATE. SUBSEQUENTLY PREVENTING DETOXIFICATION
- TRAUMA THAT OCCURS WHEN WE ARE VERY YOUNG, UNDER THE AGE OF 4 YEARS IT STILL IMPACTING YOUR BRAIN AND NEUROLOGICAL BEHAVIOUR TODAY, THE BODY REMEMBERS, EVEN WHEN WE DON’T REMEMBER
- TIME DOESN’T HEAL, IT CONCEALS AND THE BODY KEEPS THE SCORE!
- EMOTIONAL TRAUMA IS AN EVENT THAT OVERWHELMS US. UNABLE TO BE DEALT WITH, IT IS SHUNTED INTO THE UNCONSCIOUS AND USUALLY GETS TRANSLATED INTO THE BIOLOGY. INTO OUR NERVOUS SYSTEM
- TRAUMA CHANGES THE BEHAVIOUR OF OUR HPS AXIS. IT ALSO CHANGES OUR GUT BACTERIA, PERMANENTLY
You can find out about and book PSYCH-K® Skype sessions here
You can find out about and book Emotion Code Skype sessions here
Wim Hoff: Get Centered with the Power of Your Breath
Luckily, we have the power to influence our health with daily breathwork. Something I admittedly discovered to its fullest potential only recently through Wim Hoff’s work.
Some great things about breathwork:
- Breathwork improves with practice
- It’s something we can always control
- It’s shown to activate our Vagus Nerve, which effectively triggers a relaxation response in your body (source).
There are two Apps I can recommend:
Wim Hoff Breathing Bubble for iPhone here
Wim Hoff Breathing Bubble for Android here
iBreathe for iPhone here
Follow us on Facebook
Anna Haynes NT BA(Hons)
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Allergy Addiction
- Benign Fasciculation Syndrome
- Breakfast options
- Chronic Fatigue / ME
- Detoxification Techniques
- Environmental Toxins
- Follow Anna in the kitchen
- Genetic Nutrition / Nutrigenomics
- Home Healing ONLINE
- Limbic Kindling
- Lunch-Dinner options
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- PERMISSION TO BE GLUTEN FREE
- Pudding options
- Salad Dressings & Sauces
- Self-Care ONLINE
- The ABC of FIR SAUNAS
- Vagus Nerve
- Viruses & Co-infections